Day 11 - Stick a Fork in me, I'm done.

Honestly, I think we are both drained. We went to the hospital to visit my best friend and one of her babies who has the flu. They should be getting out tomorrow! Yay!! I had eaten lunch late, and by the time we got home, I just wasn't that hungry for dinner. I ate two eggs and a grapefruit; and Garth had a bowl of shredded chicken. Not the best Whole30 meal and definitely not varied; but alas, it was still Whole30.

Day 11:

What went well?

MG- I went to Starbucks to grab my friend a drink and wasn't tempted. I've definitely felt a difference in my stomach - it seems flatter!

G- I got encouragement from co-workers and was asked to share some of our Whole30 recipes.

What could have gone better?

MG- The past two nights have been off for me on dinner. Last night, just having an RxBar and then tonight, the two eggs and a grapefruit. I need to be more balanced and varied in meals, but I was proud to say that I didn't grab fast food! And I fell off the water bandwagon. :(

G- Eating a proper dinner would've been a better option than eating a bowl of protein and going to bed.

What will you do tomorrow?

MG- Work on meal prep for the upcoming week and making those balanced with protein, veggies, and healthy fats. Continue my own fun water roller coaster.

G- I think we both need to take a day for some self-care and eat all 3 meals, whether I feel like it or not.

Thingamajig of the Day:

So, for today's thingamajig, we are going to go out of the norm and share a recipe. Seriously, this is the simplest thing you will ever make! I took this to the friend that I mentioned earlier in the post, and she and her beau raved over it and thought there was some special ingredient. I promise, it's two ingredients and that's it!!

Salsa Verde

Salsa Verde Chicken

  • Chicken Breast (make sure it's compliant - no seasonings or anything. We buy ours at Costco.)
  • Trader Jose's Salsa Verde (Don't worry--it's not spicy, I'm the biggest wimp when it comes to spice! Also, if you don't have a Trader Joe's near you, then find a compliant version. I have before at a typical grocery store). 
Put your chicken breasts in a crock pot with half the jar of salsa verde. Cook on low for 8-10 hours or high for 4-6 hours. Stick a fork in it to make sure it's done!  Shred and put on salads, tortilla chips (for you guys who aren't Whole30), or eat by itself! Let us know what you think! 

Comments

Popular Posts