Day 8, Normal Day on the Whole30

Today was a relatively normal day for us. We didn't have anything to rush off to for once, but we did have an appointment with the Blood Connection. I came home after running some errands and then worked on my personal blog before we went to our appointment. We made to sure to bring emergency drinks and snacks, just in case while donating blood we were covered if our sugar got low.  Luckily now issues and it was back home for some Carrot and Parsnip soup I had made the night before. While it's good, we both agree its missing something. Suggestions welcome.

Day 8:

What went well?

MG-I drank a half gallon of water, finally. I ate my meals at a more consistent time.

G-I look forward to lunch and I am excited about all the new recipes we are trying.

What could have gone better?

MG-I realize I need to eat a bigger breakfast, that is where I get the most of my energy.

G-Eating at a regular time is still a big challenge, because I never know what the day may hold.

What will you do tomorrow?

MG-Eat more breakfast and continue with my water habits.

G-Try to plan for lunch better, if I can.

Thingamajig of the Day:

Tragedies have sadly become a common occurrence in our culture today. It seems like you cannot turn on the news or open social media without seeing the latest attack or shooting. Often times when tragedies such as these occur, many feel helpless and hopeless to combat such evil. After a tragedy that occurred about 6 months ago Mary Gwen and I decided that we want to make a positive change so we started donating blood with the Blood Connection. We understand that evil will always be a part of this world, but we cannot allow it to prevent us from spreading love and hope to others. We encourage you to find a way to give back as well.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."-Edmund Burke


Comments

Popular Posts