Day 19, U-UN-UNCA! Go Bulldogs!

Asheville always makes my soul happy! Being on campus is always bittersweet for me - I miss being a student and being involved in the ways that I was during those years. Today, I got to see three of my best friends from my college years. We met at Green Sage Cafe ,where everyone was able to enjoy a wonderful brunch, and Garth and I were able to stay Whole30 compliant. We enjoyed a little shopping and the basketball game and were able to come back to my friends house and eat some of the food we had brought in our Costco bag.
Working on the blog while enjoying some coffee

Day 19:

What went well?

MG-Being able to stay Whole30 compliant even when not on a regular schedule. Being prepared with my LaCroix and the Tessemae's ketchup made meals a lot better. I also slept really well last night even in a home that's not my own!

G-I loved having options for breakfast that were new and different. If you're ever in Asheville you should definitely check out Green Sage, they are Whole30 friendly and easy to work with if you have a food sensitivity.

What could have gone better?

MG-Today, since we had brunch, I only had two meals and toward the end of the day, I could tell that I didn't get enough nutrition and had to have a snack. Also, with being out and about, I didn't get much water in at all and could tell that was making me sluggish.

G-I think we waited too long to eat dinner, we should've eaten before we went to the basketball game.

What will you do tomorrow?

MG-We will be traveling home tomorrow so I hope that we will be on more of a schedule and be able to drink more water and eat our three meals.

G-Make a big breakfast since we will be traveling for lunch and prep for our last full week of Whole30!

Thingamajig of the Day:

Do you see what I see? 

NUTPODS!! You guys, I can't drink coffee black, yet (hopefully I'll be able to soon). Nutpods saved me today when we met for brunch. I was able to enjoy a cup of coffee with my friends and put in my French Vanilla NutPods. If you haven't tried these, they are so good! My favorite is actually the Pumpkin Spice seasonal flavor! I can't wait to see what their next flavor is....

If you're local to Upstate South Carolina, they now sell these in Publix grocery stores!!

Comments

Popular Posts